We cleaned off the old foam with a stiff yard brush, and re-sprayed the entire enclosure in black satin paint, this is because we were only going to use one sock, and do away with the inner cloth, so we needed a black finish, otherwise the light wood would show through the new grill cloth.
All the drivers were straightened in the baffles, as they were installed quite badly in the factory, the mid and tweeter in one, actually overlapped! this mistake was covered up, by simply filling the hole with sealant.. not good enough in our books.
The black wire grills on the Vifa tweeter were also all wonky, so we removed them and re-sprayed them, and stapled them back straight, we also hand painted each staple, so it would not show through the new 'socks'.
The speakers are now all back together and sounding superb, all we have to do now, is make the new 'socks' on the sewing machine, by simply copying the original, but using cloth of the highest quality.
A set of spikes will then be fitted, and they will be for sale....when we have made the outer socks we will share the result.